I am not sure if it’s the weather or what. But I keep feeling like there are many who are sad, lonely, and hopeless. In searching for a way to express how important I feel hope is, I came across President Uchtdorf’s talk, The Infinite Power of Hope. I copied some of my favorite parts of his talk below. I know through my own trials that there is reason to HOPE, things do get better, God is there, He loves me and will blesses me. I know that it is through the power of His atoning love that I can get up each day and have hope for the next. I don’t know what the future holds for me, but I know that there is reason to hope. I know that I will be blessed. I know that I am blessed. God lives!
Hope is one leg of a three-legged stool, together with faith and charity. These three stabilize our lives regardless of the rough or uneven surfaces we might encounter at the time.
Hope has the power to fill our lives with happiness. Its absence—when this desire of our heart is delayed—can make “the heart sick.”
The adversary uses despair to bind hearts and minds in suffocating darkness. Despair drains from us all that is vibrant and joyful and leaves behind the empty remnants of what life was meant to be. Despair kills ambition, advances sickness, pollutes the soul, and deadens the heart. Despair can seem like a staircase that leads only and forever downward.
Hope, on the other hand, is like the beam of sunlight rising up and above the horizon of our present circumstances. It pierces the darkness with a brilliant dawn. It encourages and inspires us to place our trust in the loving care of an eternal Heavenly Father, who has prepared a way for those who seek for eternal truth in a world of relativism, confusion, and of fear.
Hope sustains us through despair. Hope teaches that there is reason to rejoice even when all seems dark around us.
And to all who suffer—to all who feel discouraged, worried, or lonely—I say with love and deep concern for you, never give in.
Never surrender.
Never allow despair to overcome your spirit.
Embrace and rely upon the Hope of Israel, for the love of the Son of God pierces all darkness, softens all sorrow, and gladdens every heart.
The Infinite Power of Hope
President Dieter F. Uchtdorf Second Counselor in the First Presidency
4 comments:
thanks for sharing Elder U's message of hope! I needed that!
I loved that talk, too. Thanks for being an example of one who sincerely hopes for a bright future. You are amazing!
Thanks Saundra. I needed that today!
Love ya!
I love you Saundra! We all need to be like you. You are such a great example. Come back and visit us again soon! We already miss you;)
P.S.
How is Kelli's new job going?
Post a Comment