This blog is dedicated to the memory of our office fridge, Freddy. A moment of silence...Thanks. Here's the story, Freddy the Frigidaire. Freddy was small but reliable, he always keep our front office breakfast, lunches, and beverages cold. A extremely important job in 100 degree weather. Unfortunately, just before his passing Freddy had begun to build up layers of ice on his small freezer compartment. Jon, being a loyal friend to Freddy, offered to remove all the ice so Freddy would be free again to properly maintain his internal temperature. I told Jon to go ahead, if he knew how. I have never defrosted a freezer so I had no clue how this was to be accomplished. So I cleaned all of the fridge items out and Jon began his work on ol'Freddy. Jon was chipping away, and singing that ol' familiar tune, "I've been workin' on the railroad", to which Emily and I both laughed. Then we heard chip, chip (ice being broken from Freddy) and then a crazy, uncontrollable hissing sound, Jon saying, "Oh, no!" From that point on Freddy had to be unplugged, he was broken, he'd had enough, he simply blew his freon tube. So sad Freddy.:( You'll be missed dearly. I hope you found a happy resting place refrigerator heaven.

Poor Freddy with his good friend Jon. A final goodbye.
3 comments:
YOu are too funny!!!
Poor old fridge! It's a good thing it had such good friends like you guys who really took care of it... and were there when it finally took it's last breath...
HAHA! I didn't even know the fridge had a name. Now he's in refrigerator heaven, aka basura. Goodbye lil Freddie!
Post a Comment