It was one hot August evening and I decided I should go for a run since it was around 8:30PM and the sun had gone down, it would be a little cooler. So I set out, headphones, Molly, and my 10K app going, when I heard the pleasant "ding, ding sound, ever so motivating voice prompt me, "run now", so naturally I start running, then suddenly I am on the ground, Molly sitting right next(I'm pretty sure she was confused too, that's right, totally biffed it! Apparently, in all my excitement I didn't notice the elevated sidewalk underneath me. (In case you were wondering, I did finish my run!) Take that, you stinking ground!!!!
Injuries acquired: one busted left knee - front and side, one slightly scraped elbow, mere surface scratches on the palm.
Now the end of this first encounter leads me to my most recent incident, just this Thursday, (it is a new month, so I guess it was time?) on my way back from class I was riding my scooter to my trusty little cube,(a girl only has so many minutes to get things accomplished, so I implore the aide of speed) when low and behold I meet my friend again. Only, this time there were more witnesses than just Molly. I pretty sure there is probably a YouTube video out there with my name on it. Apparently the combination of killer fast scootering and too long work pants(need to accommodate the heels), result in your pants getting caught in your front scooter wheel, and you nearly losing your life to the asphalt. To add a little insult to injury, I couldn't get my pants unstuck from the wheel on account of my bloodied hands! Seriously! What am I, a 6 year old boy! Essh! Luckily, some unfortunate, but kind soul took pity on me and asked if I need some help, to which I said, "Can you just get my pant unstuck?" she kindly obliged. Come to find out she works for the School of Business too, in Finance. (I think I may need to find a new way to meet friends though)
Injuries acquired: Two busted spots on left knee (freshly healed from previous injury) slightly swollen, two busted palms, and a possible YouTube video.
Upside:
1. I now know the date of my last tetanus shot (why do they always ask these questions, as if you have your shot record in your purse, my mom doesn't even have my shot records!)
2. I have great face saving skills, not a scratch on the ol'grille!
So you may have guessed by now, who my new friend...the ground. Very unpleasant fellow, always sneaking up on me, taking my skin and clothing with him! Rude, I tell ya, just plain RUDE!!!
3 comments:
holy crap OUCH!!!!!!!!!! I was thinking....{I wonder if she's had her tetnus} lol. ahhhhhh man, well maybe you should get a skateboard and ride on your belly ?? hmmm??
Ouch!!! That looks very painful! I'm thinkin you better stick to walking for a while. ;) Love ya!
That picture of the torn hole in your pants is priceless. Oh, and you're hillllarious!! More blogs PLEASE!
Post a Comment