Friday, November 19, 2010

Whirlwind Trip

I recently took a whirlwind trip back to Utah to pick items that were still at the house. Yay! Love being divorced! The fun never ends:) I am super excited to have my treadmill again. Kelli was really sweet and took the long journey with me. Along the way we took some pics, sang some songs....the cabin fever sets in about hour 5!

Friday-

We started our journey bright and early...5:00 AM and at least 500 miles...we were on a way... not without a quick stop at the circleK, seriously, who gets up at 5:00 AM without a Diet DP???? And then of course the must have road trip breakfast...McDonald's egg mcmuffin:)

Finally made it to Utah, met Dad and Garrett for dinner. Headed to Mary's. Pick up some fantastic apple pie filling from Louise. Thanks Louise! It is super yummy! Love it!

Saturday-
Up bright and early the next morning - packed and loaded the truck by 11:00 AM. Only a slight drizzle of rain.

Quick lunch with Mary and the kids, then on the road to St. George. Sleep.

Sunday-

Final stretch....made it home...repeat previous steps.

Fastest move ever! I found a new line of work for Dad, Garrett, and Mike - 3 guys and truck:)

Thanks so much for all those that helped...Bevs and Mike, Garrett and Dad (thanks for making the long trip from CA to UT...but hey, you did get some delicious cheese curds!) and Mary & Matt and family for letting Kelli and I crash at your house like a couple of hippies.


1 comment:

Jessie said...

I really do miss you Sister Sassy Saundra! So next time you are in Utah and it isn't such a quickie of a trip, PUHLEEEEEEEASE call me.... I'd love to have lunch or something!