Monday, March 11, 2013

Aloha Festival 2013

I was able to go with a group of friends to the Arizona Aloha Festival this past weekend. It was something different and fun to do. I brought along my camera hoping to find something exciting to capture. I absolutely love my new camera. I figure the more I use it, the better I will become.



There were two stages. Both filled with talented dancers. It was amazing to watch. How do they move their hips so fast?! Honestly, it is crazy. 


I just love all the bright colors the Polynesian culture uses. They are not afraid to be bold. I love that. 


This little dog decided to make my boots home. No I do not know the dog, or her owner. She was a really sweet dog apparently she has great fashion sense:)


I do think we all missed the mark on our pose...we should have all held Alex's arms across the chest pose. That would have been way more legit. 

Tahlea and I made paper leis at the kids table. Only problem was that there was no room at the kids table and we thought throwing a elbow or two at a child might be frowned upon...so we used our human tables. What nice boys right? They patiently held our lei making materials. Thanks guys!


Us with one of Tongan dancers. Clearly I didn't hear the part about throw up the hang loose sign. Oh well. Thanks Kevin for holding my noodles while I did important things like get my picture taken. 


Mmm...I waited until the end to pick up some of these yummy noodles. My mouth is watering now as I type. They were SO good. And to think I am going to have to wait until next year or my next trip to Hawaii. I am thinking the festival in more in the plans than the trip to Hawaii. I loved that they had this little sign that said "Surf Fund".


Just some random shots of Tempe Town Lake. I love these bridges. I want to go back when the lake is empty to take more shots. 

Thanks Tahlea for the invite! It was great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. 

Fun, Fun, Fun. 

-S



No comments: