Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Online Classes

School started last Thursday, I am taking 3 classes, 2 online and one in person. Shew! Why do they insist on requesting more homework if it is an online class. I really think the University's and professor's idea of the hourly exchange rate of lecture time vs. homework is out of balance. For example, you go to a 50 minute class 3 times a week the professor lectures on the notes/power points you already have access to, you have an assignment to do every 3 weeks or so. In online courses, I guess the professor get a little nervous that you are not spending enough time with the materials, so your have 4 assignments due every week, plus the major project every 3 weeks. If anyone thinks online equals less work...wrong oh, my friend! So why do I do it? It allows me to still work full-time, which allows me to go to school pretty much for free, sigh. Here's a thought, folks, just record lectures and post them to be watched instead of the extra work to make sure we are still paying attention? I am sure they would argue that students would not watch them, this is true for some....but do not kid yourselves professors, those in-class students "typing" away at notes during your lecture, they are just playing Farmville or checking Facebook!

No comments: