Why do mean girls at church pretend like you are friends just because you share a religion? Cha...right!
Anyone out there that knows me, should know, I do not like people in my personal business. Honestly, I do not share much with anyone. I have trust issues(don't judge, you know you have issues too :)) Of recent I have made it onto this girl's (she will remain nameless) radar at church, no thanks to Kelli who felt it was an okay thing to share personal things about me with said frienemy. Great deflection method, talk about someone else instead of yourself. Thanks Kel.
*Saundra friend tip - if I do trust you enough to tell you something personal, do not share this information with others. This behavior will quickly earn you a friend break. Repeated offenses will more than likely lead to a permanent friend break. (I am a Lamb, we have a bit of a stubborn streak)
Back to my mean girl story, I was patiently waiting for Kelli after church, when mean girl told me, "Oh I talked to RL about you liking him, so can I give him your number? Oh, and I will double with you if you, ahhaa, have someone (meaning Jared, she thinks he's dreamy) for me to go out with, hahha". Now picture my reaction, annoyed blank stare,no words, just the face! Argh! In response to the face, she said, "don't blame me, blame Kelli". This was a good walking away point for me. Do I really even like RL, hmmmm...I thought his talk was great, he was super grounded in the gospel, which is a very attractive quality. Do I need some nosy Nancy setting me up? Ummm...NO!!! Besides, I am pretty sure he has my number and knows how to use a phone, he is a grown adult.
Dear Mean Girl,
I would never set you up with anyone I knew unless I highly disliked them and wanted to curse them with a lifetime of misery. The idea of being on a double date with you...I would rather staple my eyelids shut. Please stop talking to me.
Not your friend,
Saundra
2 comments:
Sorry about the mean girl. Walk away, walk away. She can just stand there wondering. Can't wait for you to come back. Just a couple more weeks, I know because William reminds me every day how much longer till Christmas. Who needs and advent calendar, not me!
PS, I KNEW it was the Lamb side with the stubborn streak :)
Sorry Sissy. Not fun! I've had a bout of mean-girls-at-church a few years ago. Bleck.
By the way, did you get the house? I keep waiting for a post with an update!!!
Oh, and thanks again for the uber cute hat for my little girlie! She looks so stinkin' cute in it, and every time anyone sees it, they comment on what a cute hat it is!
Love your beautiful face!!!
Post a Comment